Who we are
Advanced British Education Limited is a UK-based company which offers global education consultancy solutions. To deliver the appropriate services we act as a data controller processing personal data of our clients in accordance with the law.
This privacy notice includes detailed information of how we process personal data. Should you have any queries please contact email@example.com
The categories of pupil information that we process include:
- personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (such as name, unique pupil number, parent name, contact details, address, email and tel. number.)
- admission, assessment, attendance and other education related records about special educational needs our pupils may have
- safeguarding information
- medical and administration (such as doctors information, child health, dental health, allergies, medication and dietary requirements)
- Images and video recordings related to school life
Why we collect and use pupil personal data
The personal data collected is essential, in order for the school to fulfil their official functions and meet legal requirements. We collect and use pupil personal data, for the following purposes:
- a) to support pupil learning
- b) to monitor and report on pupil attainment progress
- c) to assess the quality of our services
- d) to keep children safe (food allergies, or emergency contact details)
- e) to meet the statutory duties placed upon us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing pupil information are:
- for the purposes of (a), (b), & (c) in accordance with the legal basis of Public task: collecting the data is necessary to perform tasks that schools are required to perform as part of their statutory function
- for the purposes of (d) in accordance with the legal basis of Vital interests: to keep children safe (food allergies, or medical conditions)
- for the purposes of (e) in accordance with the legal basis of Legal obligation.
- conditions a, b, c and d of GDPR – Article 9 (https://gdpr-info.eu/art-9-gdpr/)
Collecting pupil personal data
We obtain pupil personal data via registration forms at the start of each academic year. In addition, when a child joins us from another school we are sent a secure file containing relevant information. Pupil data is essential for the schools’ operational use. Whilst the majority of pupil personal data provided to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with GDPR we will inform you at the point of collection, whether you are required to provide certain pupil personal data to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing pupil data
We hold pupil personal data securely for the set amount of time shown in our data retention schedule. For more information regarding our data retention schedule and how we keep your data safe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we share pupil personal data with
We share pupil personal data with the educational institution that the pupil attends after signing an agreement with us.
Why we share pupil personal data
We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data under GDPR
Parents and pupils have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact email@example.com
Under Data Protection Law you also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed;
- If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: